HRDB Current Initiatives
Able, Not Disabled: 2017 Regional Conference on Persons with Disabilities
To Register on-line to attend , click HERE
(Click HERE To Download a Registration form and submit by mail.)
For Sponsorship Information, click HERE
(as of 2/15/2017)
Crisis Intervention Team Symposium on Mental Health
The Americans With Disabilities Act: For Everyone, Everyday
The ADA: Title II Training, June 29, 2015, Part 1
The ADA: Title II Training, June 30, 2015, Part 2
The ADA: Title II Training, June 30, 2015, Part 3
The ADA: Transportation Title 11-Section B Symposium, September 30, 2014
Part 1-Featured Presentation: ADA Transportation Title 11-Section B
Part 2-Featured Presentation: ADA Transportation Title 11-Section B-Questions and Answers
Part 3-Panel Discussion: Transportation Regional Perspective
ADA: Equal Opportunity Employment Symposium, May 29, 2014
The Hampton Roads Disability Board
- Provides information and resource referral to citizens and local governments regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Informs and educates the community about issues, barriers, and options, to ensure that persons with physical and sensory disabilities can participate to the fullest extent possible.
- Raises public awareness and advises long-range county and state planning agencies about the needs of area residents who have physical and/or sensory disabilities.
- Serves as a reference for county residents with disabilities; creates support linkages between services for the disabled and residents that might find these services beneficial.
- Encourages and supports communication among service providers to improve the coordination and the availability of services for persons with disabilities.
- Exchanges information with other regional organizations and State DSBs regarding services to persons with physical and sensory disabilities and the best practices in the delivery of services.